Advanced Skills and
Consumer and Professional Marketing
Developed and executed marketing plans for her own innovative
consumer nutrition, medical nutrition therapy (MNT) and diabetes
self-management education (DSME)
Developed and executed the marketing plans for the hospital Outpatient Nutrition
Counseling Clinic she developed and managed for several years. Target markets
were both professionals and consumers: physicians, surrounding community
and hospital employees. This clinic generated over $60,000 in insurance reimbursement
revenue annually for over fifteen years. This required proficiency in:
- Translating newest scientific studies into consumer-friendly nutrition
- Being able to quickly skim journals, ezines and entries on multiple listservs.
- Integrating the newest evidence-based nutrition interventions into the
programs and corresponding printed pieces.
- Creating and revising marketing strategies, based on trends and changes
- Designing media/marketing materials; e.g., brochures, press releases,
flyers, physician letters, etc.